Saturday, February 6, 2010

COFFEE SHOPPE LOVE

I stepped into the Coffee Shoppe
To check out their buffet
With crepes and coffee on my mind
To start this perfect day

But there you stood in front of me
As I went up to pay
I looked to find the exit door
So I could run away

Although you hadn’t seen me yet
I made for my escape
But just as I began to run
They handed me my crepe

You turned and stared in disbelief
For it had been so long
And then I dropped my coffee cup
Oh this was just too wrong!

Red faced I bent to grab my cup
But then you reached it first
And as we touched each other’s hands
Forgotten was my thirst

You smiled, I smiled, and then we laughed
You said let’s have a seat.
Not quite what I expected
Again if we should meet

You ordered up more coffee and
We danced around the truth
But then you slid up next to me
Right there inside the booth

With your arm around my shoulders
You looked into my eyes
And said the words I’d wished for since
We said that last goodbye

“I longed for you for years’, you said.
“You haunted all my dreams
And just when I have given up,
Fate brings you here it seems.”

Then as you bent to kiss my lips
I reach out for you too
And then I spilled my coffee cup
Hot stains on me and you!

This couldn’t get much worse I thought
Afraid to meet your face
It’s then I heard you laugh and say
We better leave this place

So leave we did and just outside
You cupped me in your arms
And left no question in my mind
About your winning charms

“Do you want a cup of coffee, Love?”
You whispered with a smile…
And just before I kissed your lips
I said “Not for a while!”

Donna Sue Berry
January 9th, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment